It is impossible to have a great practice without a great staff.
More than any other variable in your dental practice, a talented and supportive staff is the key to your success. Dentistry is a very difficult and demanding profession, and the doctor who tries to shoulder the burden of managing the office without the proper assistance soon becomes frustrated and discouraged. Creating and molding a compatible staff is not an overnight process. It could potentially take a few years to find just the right blend of talent and personalities. I help my clients do a thorough assessment of the abilities and personalities of their staff. I focus on creating a team concept with an emphasis on delegation of responsibility so that staff members can grow in their jobs and develop confidence in their ability to handle complex situations. The ultimate goal of my efforts is to decrease stress and greatly increase productivity.
- Building a qualified, talented, and compassionate team is the biggest challenge for any business. Learn what to do and what not to do.
- How many staff do you employ? Are there guidelines?
- Is your staff reflecting your philosophy?
- Assign and identify specific job titles and job descriptions in order to hold staff accountable for their performance.
- Learn how to structure bonus/incentive plans that motivate staff and increase profits.
- Compensation issues. When to give raises. The necessity of performance reviews.
- Empowerment issues. How do you motivate long term employees?
- Should you incentivize staff? On what basis?